Yesterday was the start of our series of eye/dental appointements and I've got to tell you all that I was pleasantly surprised. Isaac was up on the docket with an eye exam and it turns out that he...NO LONGER NEEDS GLASSES! Yes, I am yelling that.
He ceremoniously dropped them in the Lions Club donation bin as we walked out of the store.
Believe it or not, his vision is better than four years ago when we started this battle of keeping spectacles on this boys face. I'm pretty sure there was a nursery mix up or something because in this family eyes just do not get better. Have you seen a family pic of us? Well, let me tell ya, the next one will look like we have the "neighbor's kid" in it because he will just not fit in with this bespectacled crew.
Isaac and I went out to celebrate after this glorious eye appointment with some celebratory quesadillas. Then, he tried to convince me that I should buy a toy for him with all that money I saved by not having to buy new glasses. Little scheister!
But, because someone ALWAYS has to rain on my parade, the opthamalogist told me that in a couple of years his vision may start to go the other way and he may again need glasses. WHAT?!?!? That's a mean trick. Hopefully by then it will no longer be frowned upon to superglue glasses to a child's face.
For now, Isaac is just obnoxiously giddy. Will is jealous. And Benjamin keeps walking around tattling that Isaac doesn't have his glasses on. Sigh....the life of being a mom to boys.....
No comments:
Post a Comment