Ever the sweetheart, he asked me yesterday if he could bring two treats to school for his class. I said no, he looked disappointed, so I sighed and inquired why. Turns out a little girl in his class shares his birthday, she told him her family didn't have the money to send birthday treats, and he didn't want to her to be embarrassed.
Sigh.....that's my guy...
So, because (in my 10 year old's eyes) I am made of money, I made an extra trip to the grocery store, doubled the snack count with some packages of oreo mint cookies (gotta have green for the holiday, ya know!), and dropped them off to his teacher at conferences. As I told her why we were sending two treats her response was....
Sigh....."that's our guy"...
How in the world can he be so mature and insightful one minute and beating on his brother the next moment? I guess it's the age. We are seeing some early signs of, ummm, puberty. The next year is sure to be...FUN!
(I uploaded this pic- glare on glasses and all- from my wonderful camera phone and apparently it is just going to stay crooked, because there is no rotating it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment