To whoever ate my wild rice soup from the family lounge on 3rd floor:
I sure hope you enjoyed my more than adequately labeled soup out of the fridge. Just so you know I had been looking forward to that soup all day because really it was going to be the highlight of my day. Today sucks in general. Having my homemade soup eaten also sucks.
Yes, that was authentic Minnesota Wild Rice. My children and I purchased it together at a road side stand in a town called Rice, MN. And yes, those delicious red and yellow peppers were organic, the chicken farm-raised, and all of it should have been delicious to me at 6PM, but instead I ate chewy chicken and cold curly fries from the hospital cafeteria. Next time you eat my food, please wash the bowl and lid, don't just leave it on the bottom shelf empty. Did you really think I wouldn't notice?
Besides just your obviously inadequate level of consideration for others, I am concerned about you, you Soup Eater. In fact, I am very concerned about you, because as I stirred that soup six days ago I had a very ill toddler on my hip. While he was gulping back vomit, I made soup. I have come to have a sixth sense about when he is going to end up in the hospital and when I know a stay is immenent, I cook. That way my family and I can eat food that does not come labeled with golden arches.
See, I have learned I am immune to his germies. You, Mr. or Mrs. Soup Eater, most likely are not. He is currently suffering from a mysterious bacterial infection "somewhere" in his body, mostly likely in his gi tract. Some of the greatest docs in SD don't really know what is wrong with him. Don't worry too much though as he is slowly getting better with a high level of acute care and IV antibiotics. I'm sure you will too!
When you are done heaving, you can stop by room 3909 and let me know if you liked the peppers. But, oh, you already know which room we are in BECAUSE IT WAS LABELED ON THE LID.
Hope the soup was good! Hope your gut is doing well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment