Monday, February 15, 2010

SNOW DAY!

It started out as a 2 hr. late start for this morning, announced last night after suppertime. Glenn and I kept it a secret from the boys so we didn't have to let them stay up late. Devious, huh?

I proceeded to get up early in hopes that we could still make it to Benji's appointment today and during my getting dressed/wishing I actually owned a coffeemaker so I could overdose on caffeine stage, I somehow all of a sudden had two boys jumping around me, very excited that school was cancelled. What? Again? My children will be in school until June at this rate. My children have been spoiled by mother nature. So, as I cancelled appointments (yet again), the kids celebrated, the dog pooped on the floor, and Benji woke up screaming that his tummy hurt. What? Again? Will this kid ever be healthy?

So somehow today my list of 10 very important things I needed to do was shortened to:

1. Clean up dog poo because the kids were too busy celebrating their snow day to let him out. Have you ever watched "Martha Speaks" on PBS? I am adding alphabet soup to my grocery list.

2. Clean up kid "yak" of the food he ate last night at dinner time. Why do we even try to get him to eat food? Yes, he ate it at 5 PM and puked it at 9AM the next day. And it still wasn't digested. Can you say "yuk?" (Thanks to fellow IA mom, Mandi, for the word "yak." It is now a regularly used word in my ever-expanding vocubulary of terms to describe kid puke.)

3. Lecture kids that they need to let the dog out when he barks. He has a certain bark that means "let me out in 2 seconds or I am gonna poo on your kitchen rug." I, apparently, am the only person in this house that understands that bark. I bet the rug understands too though.

4. Lecture Benji that when he feels the need to "yak" that there are 7 garbage cans on the main floor of this house. FIND ONE! If one of those doesn't appeal to you, climb the forbidden stairs to your brothers' rooms and yak in their garbage cans. Seriously little boy, the ortho surgeon who said you may never walk and the hand surgeon who said you may never have full use of your thumbs should come watch you get into mischief at our house. Hmph. Use a garbage can kid!

5. Make a list of chores for the kids to do. Being I cleaned up yak and poo all before 9AM- I am done for the day.

Tomorrow better be a new day, with the sun shining, no snow, the car running perfectly, the dog crossing his legs, and my kid puking in a garbage can.

Note to self: IF we actually make it out of the driveway to go see the surgeon tomorrow, try not to use the word "yak." The appropriate word is vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment