Monday, February 22, 2010

Too bad Walmart doesn't sell Xanax

Today Benji has a well child exam. As you may imagine, those have been unheard of in this little boy's life. On one hand I am kind of excited because he has just recently made it onto the growth charts. Goodbye less that 3rd percentile! On the other hand, I have the monthly lab order to monitor his renal, liver, and general health function, plus his iron stores. For the past 2 years these have been relatively simple by using his port.

Ugh.

Missing that port this morning! I woke up debating if it will take 2 or 10 pokes to get these labs. Will we have to do them today to get back on track (the port has been out since December) or can the poor little guy hold out for another week or so. And how much screaming will be involved?

I think I need that crazy Olympic guy who gets the crowds all excited to come and by my house and get me excited. Or to deliver a dose of Xanax for mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment