Monday, January 11, 2010

Where the heck have I been?

Well......let me tell ya......when I started this blog I vowed that it would NOT be about Benji and his medical problems. It was designed to be about all three kids and their normal kid things, not sepsis, venous access failure, or any other nasty things that come with raising a certain little boy who's name starts with "B."

So needless to say after 5 weeks in the hospital and 3 weeks of working to get back on track after those 5 weeks in the hospital....

I AM BACK!

Laundry is caught up, the freezer is restocked, we have ventured out several times as a family to try to make some good memories, christmas presents have been wrapped/unwrapped/broken/lost/exchanged/traded with your brother/and broken again.

Life is back on the tracks.

During these 3 weeks at home we have been nurse-less and I have used this time to try to get Benji back to some semblance of a routine. 5 weeks in the hospital was definately not kind on our routine. So, we have started over with all things related to independence for this little boy. It is no easy feat either. From glasses wearing to dressing to talking to braces- everything was disrupted by the "hospital stay from hell when no one listed to daddy and mommy and Benji quit acting like Benji." Yesterday as he helped to put on his shirt for the first time since he was discharged I told Glenn "he's almost like a real boy."

Then......

He choked and vomitted green bile.

Okay. So not quite like a real boy.

Today Little Mr. Pinnochio is bile free and ready to conquer the world with mommy. Or maybe just Vermillion Ford. Pretty sure I said about 3 months ago that I would never go there again after they messed up my ignition. I guess hell froze over yet again!

So we are headed to the dealership to have a part replaced on the car and then to the library to see if they have a toddler storytime this spring. Yes, I could just call, but it turns out that in the process of trying to make this child more like a normal boy we discovered that he needs some friends. Preferably ones without fur and tails.

Off to the library we go........

No comments:

Post a Comment