Yes, a week after bringing him to the ER knowing that Benji needed to be admitted, I am still kicking myself for bringing him home that night. And yep, I knew better. Plus, I had a haircut scheduled for the next morning. Sanford Children's was not in my plans.
The constant streams of "what if"s" doesn't seem to stop. Holy cow. It doesn't even seem to let up. Somehow I am reduced to a teary mess of a mommy on about an hourly basis when I remember that the little boy who is currently driving his big brothers nuts had blood sugars so low that he could have gone into a coma.
Yes, we've been through worse/scarier/more life threatening medical crisis with Benji. If that is even imaginable. However, they were never really based on bad judgement calls by me. Or maybe they were and people were just too polite to tell us.
No comments:
Post a Comment