I caught this handsome guy lounging on the couch today, letting out a series of long sighs over everything he wants to buy with his money he has saved for our trip to Arizona in a few weeks. I stopped in my tracks and started to correct him for the whining until I realized that our days will be numbered until he starts asking for cars, cash for dates, the "right" kind of jeans, etc. For now he is still a sweet 10 year old who loves to play with the damn army men that hide in the shag carpeting, listens to me about how smoking is bad for you, thinks his dad is a hero, and is prone to flopping his 100 pound body down on my lap as if he was still a toddler. He got teary eyed at the Toy Story movie, tells me that when Glenn and I die he is going to take Benji to all of his doctor appointments, and has asked 42 questions today about why we had to neuter the dog. This included him sharing that the Catholic Church may not approve of this permanent birth control. These days will be gone too fast.
So I caved and told him that he could spend 10 bucks on a lego set that he wants. I also bought a few sets on clearance and stashed them in a suitcase for our trip. Benjamin is going to be the luckiest boy in the world if he lives to age 5 and gets to have all of these legos passed down to him. Of course, knowing Benjamin, he will choke on a lego hidden in the shag before that time! Will and Isaac's room is the only room in the house with carpeting. They tell me that it is great for their army men to hid in.
And battleship pieces.
And staples.
And the list goes on.
No comments:
Post a Comment